Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with USB device driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

PyrO

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hidclass probléma

I'm working on an interface between parallel port and USB and its going to be used to get data from a signal sampling device(parallel port) and transfer it to the PC(USB).
My first problem is that I'm not sure what class my device would go under(is it HID class?).the other problem is that should the device work in isochronous mode?
by the way output from the sampling device is from a 8051 micro(not sure about the model yet) and we are going to use a pdiusbd12 in our interface board.
thx

pdiusbd12 hid appliction

PyrO said:
I'm working on an interface between parallel port and USB and its going to be used to get data from a signal sampling device(parallel port) and transfer it to the PC(USB).
My first problem is that I'm not sure what class my device would go under(is it HID class
Tell us first at what rate you need to transfer data

maximum rate of 200kByte/sec and our microcontroller is 82c55ac.

PyrO said:
maximum rate of 200kByte/sec .
HID or even CDC cannot give this speed
Search for a custom driver provided (or sold ?) with pdiusbd12

For example, PDIUSBD12 Evaluation Kit comes with a sample application
program and a general-purpose minidriver for the host PC.

where can i get evaluation kit ? i coudn't find that in philips site .there are only manuals and documentations available.

tgq said:
PyrO said:
maximum rate of 200kByte/sec .
HID or even CDC cannot give this speed
Search for a custom driver provided (or sold ?) with pdiusbd12

For example, PDIUSBD12 Evaluation Kit comes with a sample application
program and a general-purpose minidriver for the host PC.

i got the minidrivers for the pdiusbd12 evaluation board.there is one for bulk transfers and another for isochronous.
are these drivers enough for me to communicate with my device?

and also i am using windows DDK 2003 - sp1 and i found a general purpose minidriver for isochrounous transfer in the samples directory(wdm\usb\isousb).
does anybody knows if i can use this driver (or which parts i should change or add to make it usable)?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back