Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to display and write 4 component jpeg to 3 component bmp

Status
Not open for further replies.

amith

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
jpeg

Hi All,
I have a 4 component jpeg image , if it is a 4 component i should assume it
a cmyk image or in any other format ,after decoding four component jpeg image how do i display it, to write in to bmp/png/ it requireis only 3 components (RGB).how do i do that .

amith

Re: jpeg

hey,
you have C,M,Y,K conversion methods, i hope this will work out.

C' = (C*(1-K)+K) R = (1 - C') * range
M' = (M*(1-K)+K) G = (1 - M') * range
Y' = (Y*(1-K)+K) B = (1 - Y') * range

The range is the difference between the minimum and the maximum value of R or G or B. usually it will be 255

with regards,
sathish kumar

Hi satish ,
Thanks for your reply , thing is that in my test image there four componets , but there is no adobe marker present in it ,i read in net that the cmyk images consist of adobe marker , is my understanding is correct , in this cas how i can i procedure with that jpeg image .

amith

hi amith,
All CMYK JPEG from adobe contains the adobe marker which means that, the image is inverted what you need to do is just invert i.e, 255-x. What you need to do is, if the adobe marker is present do the inverting operation on your own if not just do the convertion. I don't have experiance on it, you just try.

with regards
sathish kumar

good,i have the same problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back