Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ldo slew rate enhancement circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

jutek

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
slew rate enhancement

hello

i've met this problem during simulation.
the circuit is in ntype.png file

this is symetrical ota (M17-M24) with slew rate enhancement circuit (M25-M31).

at wth_out_curr.png M25 current is presented.

at sre_curr.png M31 and M32 currents are presented.

Slew rate enhancement circuit doesn't influence on ac response (ac.png)

the main problem is presented at both.png It's transient response, when the ldo's output is programmed from 0.8 to 1.4V It should be fast (1us), overshoot,undershoot should be less than 30mV

The yellow curve is response without sre ciurcuit. As you can see at wth_out_curr.png M25 doesn't give much current to drive power device's capacity.
I've expected a better response (pink one) cause it drives big currents (see sre_curr.png). It doesn't happen (why???)

The second thing is overshoot. How can i decrease it? by improving phase margin, i know. now, phase margin is poor (30deg) I can lower zero increasing output capacity, cause the time response will be higher.

I can't move the second pole higher cause i would have to use more current in the opamp and the main spec is low current working.
What else i can do to win with these trade-offs??

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back