Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for info about email tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.

salman100

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey,
Has anyone got stuff on email tracking???

thanks!!

Re: Email tracking

What you mean by email tracking? You want track it delivered to recipients? Or want to track what path the email go through before reach the recipient?

you can track the email using visual route software. for that u need the ip address of the sender which can be obtained from the email.

Visual Route just shows a nice, visual version of Microsoft's tracert function (and many other command-line utilities) - it reports all the ip's it passes through to a given destination.

It does not really 'track an email' as it shows only *one possible route*. That route might not be used next time, unless you are tracking very short connections.

An email can be traced back to its source by looking at the header information. Provided, that is, it has not been forged, and even then, if I wanted to send something I didn't want tracked, I would just use an internet cafe or open wireless connection.

As leekk8 said, it would help to know exactly what the salman100 wants to do.

That said, the Visualware software is very nice as a plaything.

http://www.visualware.com/internetsecurity/sitemap.html

FoxyRick.

Email tracking

I want to trace the email from some location. Visual route software might be helpful in this regard.

thanks !!

Status
Not open for further replies.