Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

high speed circuits layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbie_1

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

i'm on a high speed circuits design(2Ghz, digital and analog blocks), and i have 2 questions,
1. how can i add some parasitics in simulation? what parasitics should i add?
2. in layout, what should i care about?

really thanks a lot

1. PCB loss and dispersion, complete active and passive device characterization-models (package parasitics, ESD, I/O buffer), ground and power supply resistance and inductance, ...

2. good ground-plane, differential interconnection, great ground connection to passive and active device ground and power supply pins, no unnecessary stubs, ...

I would recommend you a signal integrity book, like Howard Johnson's "Black magic" and "Advanced black magic"

I think
(Only IC-design)

1. Use LPE(Layout parasitic extraction) after your Lay out done.
and Back-annotation (simulation using spectre ...etc)
2. Lay out carefully.
1. critical signalas as shot as possible.( to avoid extra parastic cap or Resistor)
2. Symmetrical ( specially differential Amp or differential signal handling block)
3. Use Power and Bias stability cap.

Any other idea?
Let's talk about above issue.
Enjoy...

Y.C

hi rfmw and park,
thank a lot. I wanna know what parasitics i should add in spectre simulation? and how much parasitics i should add?
thanks

2GHz, it's edge performance, I think only RC parasitics extracted from layout is not enough, the L reactance may complex problems.

a good of of signal integrity

High speed signal propagation

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back