Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SDF file and slk file

Status
Not open for further replies.

p_shinde

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi

how do we read that sdf and slack file, its too large ???????

what points should we look for it in that ????????

thanks in advance,
Prasad

use less in linux or unix.
less is faster than vi when open big file.

i mean to ask what to we have to look out for in these files, as it contains much data.

i am not asking how to view/open this file.

hope u understood the Q.

------
Prasad

There is no doubt that sdf file contain a large amount of data, but it's all for tools, not preparing for your reading. Certainly, you can read the cell delay information that you concerned, or have a comparation. So, I think it's not for reading.

Normally, we don't need read the content of those files! but , if you want to read them, pls use V1 tool!

SDF file has its own standard format, and the syntax is simple. Sometimes it is needed to read this file, plase refer to SDF Standard, you can download it from www.ovi.com

i have got an sdf file from SOC encounter now what things should i look into it ?????????

About how to use infomation inside SDF(standard delay format)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please refer to the following link:
-- https://www.nandigits.com/sdf_timing.htm

An example about using SDF file with the design.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
GOF, Gates On the Fly
==============
GOF doesn't load the SDF file directly, instead it creates an SDF index file first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back