Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Simulating AC conditions on Op-Amps

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vkem

Okay,

Here is an interesting one. I've made up this SPICE OP-AMP model for a Texus TLV2442 Op Amp (as per the data sheet). I'm using Microcap. The AC response is fine if you use a split supply, like +/- 10v. But, on a +5/0v supply, the AC response is the same, but the reported gain is something silly (like -80dB).

The op-amp is designed for single supply
use. Is this a model problem or a limitation
of the SPICE model for op-amps.

Has anyone else had this split supply/single supply problem with SPICE op-amp models?

What do I think of Microcrap....Hmmm...:sad:

Vkem

Have you successfully modelled other single supply opamps?
Do you know if this model has been used at 5V on another flavor of spice?

I have not used Microcap, but I would suspect the problem is in the model.

Hi,
perhaps you could publish the model/schema so we can compare it to PSPice.
cya tichy

hi
let us see your circuit first. then we can judge about it!
thx

I got the same problem whith MAX418 using the supplied spice model from the manifacturer(Maxim) .

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gosth700 on 2001-06-02 01:15 ]</font>

I have tried several circuits, all very simple, one of them is a standard buffer follower and the other is an open-loop gain measurement circuit (signal into +, 1k to GND on -, 100k to ground on output). The data sheet does not quote open loop gain and thus I needed to know where the dominant poles are for stability analysis.

Unfortunantly I don't have the model with me,
but I'll get it early next week and post it. I am confident there are no problems with the circuit, because I have loaded sample circuits from Microcap and they have the same problem. I am beginning to think it is a model problem.

However, it is interesting to hear someone has the same problem with a Maxim model.

Vkem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back