Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me plot the gm of OTA versus the differential input using Spectre

Status
Not open for further replies.

safwatonline

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,
i want to plot the gm of OTA ,versus the diffrential input , i am using spectre , can any one help me?
i attached a picture of what i want to draw taken from a papper.
thnx

Re: gm

I guess your question is: Plot GM with ID or something like that....

If so, then check for a Calculator tool within Cadence. Google it, you should find some kind of tutorials..

I think there has been many discussions about Calculator in this webforum. Search it.

Srivatsan

srivatsan said:
I guess your question is: Plot GM with ID or something like that....

If so, then check for a Calculator tool within Cadence. Google it, you should find some kind of tutorials..

I think there has been many discussions about Calculator in this webforum. Search it.

Srivatsan

well ,,can you upload some of these tutorials??

make dc analysis with the differential input as a variable. then after running the analysis, u can draw the gm of the input pair from the result browser window

Check these attachments.. The credit for the tutorial goes to the concerned author.

I hope they are useful.

Srivats

Attachments

• cadence_manual_1857.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 196

safwatonline

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Provides a good overview of Cadenec suite of tools;what does it mean to this question?

gm

hello,
thnx for the replies,
i need to make this plot at a certain i/p freuqncy ,(i.e. not DC analysis).
any suggestions.

Very simple. Do AC sweep at certain frequency.
But there is some trick. Apply AC/DC source with to inputs of OTA though voltage controlled voltage sources (vcvs) with gain +0.5 and -0.5. DC voltage of this source is differential voltage between inputs (VDM). So u can do AC sweep on VDM variable at certain frequency and plot Gm = Iout_ac/Vin_ac vs. VDM.
I attach testbench picture for opamp. I use verilog-a negative feedback to eliminate offset voltage of opamp. For OTA i think u should to short output of OTA on certain potential, and eleminate offset of OTA under zero output current condition. I hope u can do it by yourself.
Look reference link for good tutorial:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back