Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to do pulse detection in digital circuits without clock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vsrpkumar

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Pulse detection

Can anyone tell me how to do pulse detection in digital crcuits without using any clock.
Thanking you
vsrpkumar

Re: Pulse detection

You can use a D-FF. Just feed the pulse to be detected onto the CK signal and tie the D input to a fixed value (say "1").

This way, when there is a pulse, the D-FF will output a "1".

Note that I assume that you will have some reset circuitry to reset the DFF after processing the data.

Pulse detection

use monostable multi vibrator.
such as NE555 or 74xx121 or CD4538.

Regards,
Davood.

Dear friends,
I have application such that a clock will coming to D-flip flop.The inverted output(Qbar) is coonected to the D-input.I have to compare the clock and the output(Q).Can any one give idea for this.I have to check whether any pulses missed in output when compared to clock of D-FF.I got struck up at this point.Thanking you.Please give any idea.I have to implement in Hardware
VSRPKUMAR

vsrpkumar said:
Dear friends,
I have application such that a clock will coming to D-flip flop.The inverted output(Qbar) is coonected to the D-input.I have to compare the clock and the output(Q).Can any one give idea for this.I have to check whether any pulses missed in output when compared to clock of D-FF.I got struck up at this point.Thanking you.Please give any idea.I have to implement in Hardware
VSRPKUMAR

I don't quite get what you mean. But, the inverted output, Q connected to the D-input -- This is a frequency divider. i.e. the clk frequency is divided by 2. Where is your pulse connected to?

The clock/pulse connected to the clock input of DFF.
Thanking you
VSRPKUMAR

vsrpkumar said:
Dear friends,
VSRPKUMAR

Upon this comparison, how do you want to see the o/p? Do you want to count number of missed pulses on Clk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back