Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Importing radiation pattern into HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ananth

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everyone,
I'm trying to find a way to plot measured radiation pattern data (2D) in a text file format in any software. It is just a hassle to be doing this in Matlab, especially if one has a bunch of patterns. I was trying to look at the import options in HFSS, but it seems like it only lets you import S-parameters or a table format with Real/Imaginary or Mag/Phase.
Is there an easier way to just import a text file and plot it in any software.
P.S. The polar pattern plotting in ADS is messed up from what I can tell.

Thanks for any help.
Ananth.

Try Originlab or Stanford Graphics. They have polar plots...not sure if excel has a polar plot template.

Hi savedadogs,
The problem is not having a polar ploting system, it is to configure the polar plotting system accoring to the data received.
I've found a way to import the data now into HFSS, but some kind of configuring problem is keeping it fom being diplayed correctly. I can plot the data fine in the rectangular format in HFSS, just not in the polar format... :(
Do let me know if anybody has any ideas..
Ananth.

Hey. I had the same problem before.

Matlab actually does a great job with this. You should download user-provided code called mmpolar and it would do the trick for you.

Search for "mmpolar" in www.mathworks.com and you would be smiling>

you should multiply the(first column data) in(*pi/180)
then use the polar command

Both near-field measured data and far-field pattern measured data can be visualised in EMCoS EMC Studio. Both sources are specified as ASCII files, which you can generate from another simulation or from measured data.
See Near Field Source example here: **broken link removed** - similarly there is a way to load polar pattern.

Could you upload your data? If I will have time, I'll try this with your pattern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back