Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is a TV Signal Booster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tunde

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
TV SIGNAL BOOSTER

I need help with this project topic: TV SIGNAL BOOSTER

What is TV Signal Booster?

Why do we need the TV Signal Booster?

Schematic Diagram for the Construction of the TV signal Booster.

Online /Book References.

[/b]

Re: TV SIGNAL BOOSTER

If you're suffering from a very weak TV signal and you have already replaced your aerial then your only chance is a TV signal booster ..
These divices can be connected to one or more TV's in the house ..
Boosters are especially useful with poor signals on Digital TV ..

Here are examples:
https://www.electronics-lab.com/projects/rf/009/index.html
**broken link removed**

Regards,
IanP

TV signals comes in from the antenna in microvolts size and a booster is an rf amplifier with some DB gain and inpedance matching capabilities. sometimes even in good area of TV signal there is a problem the wire lenght lead in must be cut to a certain wave lenght to provide max signal. people don't pay attention to that but they should. a 50 ohm cable at some freq and lenght the signal is actualy a short.

TV SIGNAL BOOSTER

Raybo,Ianp and Throwaway18 you have really helped me a lot about the understanding of this topic.Thank you very much..but one more thing is where can i find the schematic diagram of the device.

Tunde.

HI DEAR,

You would probably need a SIGNAL BOOSTER amplifier if you have three or four splits (three or four TV's) connected to the incoming cable or output of your Satellite receiver.

If you have a home antenna and need to improve signal strength of your off air signals. TV picture quality of distant channels will be "snowy" or granular. A SIGNAL BOOSTER amplifier placed at the antenna output can improve picture quality decreasing granularity and making distant channels viewable.

First always recheck cable connections. The SIGNAL BOOSTER has a patented fitting at all its inputs and outputs. This fitting clamps onto the center conductor of the cable with a good quality (recommended) cable fitting. Note you can push on the protruding plastic and the metal inside the fitting closes or clamps onto the center conductor. Some of the lower quality fittings do not have enough metal at the back end to exert force on this plastic mechanism

TV SIGNAL BOOSTER

Vicky Darling,Thanks so much for your explanation on the Topic.I am so much grateful.Where are you from? You got any email address?
IanP, kudos to you.You are doing a great job.Thanks for the schematic digram you gave me.I will work on them.
Tunde

Status
Not open for further replies.