Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for info on peer to peer networks

Status
Not open for further replies.

eelinker

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Peer to peer networks?

Can anyone tell me about peer to peer[p2p] networks?

Re: Peer to peer networks?

A pure peer-to-peer network does not have the notion of clients or servers, but only equal peer nodes that simultaneously function as both "clients" and "servers" to the other nodes on the network. This model of network arrangement differs from the client-server model where communication is usually to and from a central server. A typical example for a non peer-to-peer file transfer is an FTP server where the client and server programs are quite distinct, and the clients initiate the download/uploads and the servers react to and satisfy these requests

see this link for further details https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peer-to-peer

eelinker

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Peer to peer networks?

how many systems will be there in a peer to peer network

Peer to peer networks?

Anywhere from two to millions.
There are a few million users of the emule filesharing program.

Peer to peer networks?

How is it possible to write a peer2peer application.
is it possible to use a p2p application on a p2p hardware layer?
And is it possible to perform a hardware level p2p network?

Peer to peer networks?

>How is it possible to write a peer2peer application.

Choose a programming language.
Obtain a compiler for your hardware platform.
Learn how to write software.
Write the software.

If you want to make an application that works over the internet then you need to read a few programming forums such as **broken link removed**. There are a few topics that get discussed every week such as dealing with connection sharing systems and firewalls that block incoming connections.

There is lots of information on the web about socket programming and thousands of posts in forums asking the same questions over and over again.

>is it possible to use a p2p application on a p2p hardware layer?

Yes.

>And is it possible to perform a hardware level p2p network?

Yes but not all applications of peer to peer networking can be easily implemented in logic gates rarther than software.

Re: Peer to peer networks?

I think before jumping write direct application..

1st you need to understand how P2P .. they work over overlay networks.. and than create simple application program for simple 10 host network or something.. and then try to see how they work

in my advance network project I write code for P2P flow control.. once u understand concept it's easy to develop it further.... i think Beej's networking guide is good start to learnin about socekt programming .. cuz that what you going to need to write p2p applications

Status
Not open for further replies.