Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to improve 1dB compression point ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

noiseless

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
1db compression point

I am working on the buffer operation @ 2.5GHz and 5GHz. The 1dB compression point is 10dBm. I tried to increase overdrive voltage or gm to improve the P1dB, however, it stops at 8dBm. I do not know how to improve it. Any one can give me some idea. Right now, i am using cascode topology, loading a inductor. Is there any other topology has better linearity?

Thanks.

Re: 1dB compression point

A differential topology theoretically would give 3dB higher P1dB compared to single-ended, with the reduction of power gain.

Re: 1dB compression point

you can obtain the large p1dB if you can boost the dynamic of the output .

1dB compression point

You want to increase P1dB. You must increase the current and overdrive voltage.

1dB compression point

In fact the nonlinearity of a transistors whichever is bipolar or MOS, depends on mostly operating point.
But...
Every active device has own "optimum operating point" for lowest nonlinearity.To provide lowest nonlinearity from a system, every critical active device should be set in working optimum operating point for less nonlinearity (generally lower power operating condition), however by multiplying these devices the wanted power can be obtained.

So briefly, small amount of power cells should be combined that work at optimum nonlinear condition.

Reactions: isil

isil

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back