Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fast charger and Ordinary charger difference.??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naveed Alam

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
in market there are many types of mobile battery chargers,, some are ordinary and some are fast charger,,
i have two chargers the Fast one output is (800mA,5.7V) and slow charger output is (350mA,3.7V)
how they perform fast and slow charging.. and why the mobilecompany don't use fast chargers????

Fast chargers use two ways of making the charging time short: 1. higher than recommended charging current or 2. eliminating certain stages from the charging process; for example, stage 2 from the attached picture ..

"Mobilecompanies" guarantee their products for at least 12 months, so they can't afford to take risks and offer you chargers which potentially can be harmful to batteries ..

Regards,
IanP

HI DEAR

IN FAST CHARGING THE CHEMICAL REACTION IN YOUR MOBILE BATTRIES CAHRGE IN SHORT TIME BECAUSE OF EXECISSIVE AMOUNT OF CURRENT BUT IT MAKES THE BATTERY LIFE SHORTER BECAUSE OF THIS MOBILE COMPANIES USE LOW CURRENT CHARGERS

hi IanP,
ur giagram explains it nicely.. but it is telling that the omission of stage 2 will be applied from the software of the mobile, of its manufacturers. so, this must not be the case.. because the extent to which a battery is charged must be the same(i mean the upper limit of its charging)..
am i right??

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.