Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with installation Mathcad11

Status
Not open for further replies.

eirp

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mathcad 11 enterprise edition install problem

Hi all!

I forget to uninstall previous version of Mathcad 2001 and started Mcad11 installator..
The problem is that Mathcad11 installator says that previous version must be uninstalled. I did it but error message remains. I've tried to erase all the registry entries but still the same problem..
Do you know where to erase the informations about previous Mathcad's versions, I don't like reinstalling Win :? :?
Thanks in advance,
Eirp

flexlm mathcad11 license file

I had this problem with an earlier version of M/a/t/h/c/a/d. The installation hung up so I had to try it again. It kept telling me that it was already installed. I finally had to call them and a software guy had to walk me through it. It seems that it writes files/dlls in places that the uninstall program doesn't see. I don't know the solution - good luck.

mathcad 11 asks to uninstall older versions, but i did not like that, so i put the old mathcad (2001i) on a different partition....no install; so i searched and deleted some entries in the registry....no install; so i put everything back and did an uninstall of 2001i and installed 11 without problem*.

if you have the feeling that uninstall does not work on the old version, try to install the old version first, then uninstall, then install 11.....(that's why i put everything back as stated above. ====just a thought====

rgds
amberhawk

*ps: to make it work you need to do some tricks with 3 files, yes?
one of them --the one with share in the name-- is not necessary
one of them --i do not recall the name-- might take quite some time
pss: the ps is only of concern if the damn thing installs (;-)

if you have the feeling that uninstall does not work on the old version, try to install the old version first, then uninstall, then install 11.....(that's why i put everything back as stated above. ====just a thought====

Thanks, amberhawk, installing older version, uninstalling it and installing 11 is better than reinstall win :) I must search 2001i on my CD's...
I successfuly installed v11 on my 2nd computer where I don't forget to uninstall 2001i before so I know these tricks, btw it was very quick!
Regards,
Eirp

Actually you can directly copy files under folder Mathsoft\Mathcad 11 Enterprise Edition (from installation CD or another computer) to your harddrive, then run regtool.exe to register all the components, you can run MathCAD with blank product code. :p However, you got to put an individual node-locked FLEXlm license file to the subdirestory of MathSoft\Mathcad 11 Enterprise Edition\licenses.

For version2001i, it doesn't use flexlm, no license file needed, but still need to run regtool.exe once first.

Use this method you can keep both versions and switch between them, although it is not necessary.

wow, another way

thx toad_th,
i will surely try to 'install' it your way

?the need?.......if you follow all the bugs on the
mathcad/adeptscience forum :x mmmmm

rgds
amberhawk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor