Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can i make a PCB at home ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmad_abdulghany

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to make pcb at home

I tried many times to make a PCB using Positive 20 photo resist but everytime i got bad results,

Although i got almost good results using Hot Clothes Iron to make PCBs, but still i can't get small diminsions, also sometimes, some tracks vanich!!

Can anyone tell me a TESTED method to make a PCB at home with THE FEW AVAILABLE TOOLS SUCH AS DRILL AND NEON LAMP OR SUN LIGHT AND HIDROCLORIDE ACID .. AND SO ON..

Thanks in advance,
Ahmad,

diy pcb mill

For small quantity or prototyping maybe you can try: "Printed Circuit Board Milling using Computer Numerical Control"
More details here:
**broken link removed**
http://www.satcam.com.au/

Regards,
IanP

diy pcb router

Sorry, but it's not suitable for me at all, Althoug I hope that i have a machine like it at home (in my dreams), but it's an expensive solution...

I want a Low cost solution to make PCB at home..

Also, my main problem is that I want to make the PCB, as drilling is not a problem at all! I have an electrical drill with vertical stand and i can use them to make holes down to 0.5 mm diameter..

The problem is how to make the PCB itself..

I have almost these resources only, and I hope that someone tell me how to use them to make good PCB :) :

1. Laser Jet Printer as well as Normal 80gm A4 white papers.
2. Transparencies that are suitable for laser printing.
3. Clothes Hot Iron
4. Oxygen, Hydrocloride acid, and H2SO4 acid.

I can't get the Peers N peel paper!!
also, photo resist process takes very long time, hence I don't want to use it,
I don't have any UV source or a suitable oven with controlled temprature..

I hope that clarify what i want to learn. :D

Thanks for your help
Ahmad,

how to make a pcb at home

hi there!!

i can help you on this matter, i have used very simple method to make PCB at home you just need only few tools, i hope you can do the PCB drawing by using a software. after completing the drawing just take a laser black and white print out for a transparent sheet, then you can past the drawing to the copper board by using a cloth iron, just put the drawing on the copper board, and iron it at silk level of temperature, you have to do it until the ink of the print out melt and past on the copper board. now u can remove the transparent sheet, you can see the drawing on the copper board, now u can wash the copper board using avilable chemical known as "Feric cloride" , but there could be cracks in copper paths if the drawing is not pasted on the board properly, so u can use very think pen to redraw on the paths before wash it, the pen is known as "permanant Marker ", it is easy tuff!!

try it!! i m doing commercial applications using this methord!! but the PCB is shows very handy way!!

claria inks pcb

electronicus said:
h**p://www.electronics-lab.com/articles/pcb/index.html

It's based on Photo resist and require to have an UV source..
I don't have UV source, and photo resist is bit expensive and slow solution if i don't have UV source.

Anyway, Thanks for sharing ideas,
Ahmad,

peach laminator pcb

Hi to all.
try this product. PNP-Blue works good for me.

it´s easy to make. what you need Software for make the PCB any. then you have to print on Laser Printer if you don't have one. you can use a normal printer, then transfer your print to the PNP-blue using a Photocopy. here where you can buy, and some examples.

https://www.techniks.com/how_to.htm

bye

pcb printing using sticker sheet

Try to print the schematic on the "TRANSFER" papers. These papers used to print the photos on the T-Shirts.

I tried it and got accepted results.

Note: It's called TRANSFER not TRANSPERENCY.

Hope this helps.

how to print pcb at home

seadolphine2000 said:
Try to print the schematic on the "TRANSFER" papers. These papers used to print the photos on the T-Shirts.

Hope this helps.

From where i can get such papers?!

pcb magazine paper with prints

Try this

**broken link removed**

pcb using permanent marker

i make pcb's using a normal sticker sheet. just go to any stationery shop and buy an A4 size sticker sheet. peel the sticker and discard it. the under side of the sticker (without the sticking material) is very smooth. print the pcb using a laser printer on that side.
Do not touch the printed pattern. it will rub off if u touch it. now iron the pattern on a copper (pcb) sheet thoroughly so that all tracks transfer to the copper. After ironing remove the paper (be careful the copper sheet will be hot). now the pattern is transferred to the copper side of the sheet. put it in ferric chloride solution and gently rock the tray so that waves are generated. it helps in removig the copper faster (also it the process is fast if the solution is a bit warm). from time to time take out the copper sheet to see if excess the copper is removed. the removal time will depend on the amount of ferric chloride in the solution. it will take from 5 to 10 minutes. be careful that the ferric chloride does not start under cutting the printed tracks.
you can also use a permanent marker to make tracks or to repair tracks on the copper sheet where the track has not been completely transferrd during the ironing process. but if u r using a permanent marker let it dry completely before putting the pcb in the ferric chloride solution. otherwise ferric chloride will dissolve the wet portion and remove the copper under neath.
i hope it helps.

dye ink direct pcb

ahmad_abdulghany wrote:

h**p://pacificsun.ca/~robert/pcb/pcb.htm
h**p://www.fullnet.com/u/tomg/gooteepc.htm
h**p://www.semis.demon.co.uk/PCB/PCB.html
h**p://www.extremecooling.org/ec/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=73&page=1

diy pcb through hole electroplating

Before making any pcb you have to put every component in the right position and a sw like Eagle (**broken link removed**) could help you.

ciao

postscript printer set maximum toner pcb

I've had some luck with the toner transfer method, using plain old white paper.

One thing that people often overlook is how to prepare the copper-clad PCB before attempting to transfer the toner by ironing. I like to scrub the copper surface with Scotch-Brite abrasive pads until it is very clean, then wash with soap & water.

I then put the PCB in the etchant bath for only a short time -- the idea here is to slightly etch the copper surface, to 'roughen' the surface. Wash with water, then rinse with alcohol. Don't touch the surface with your hands from this point on, until you have tranfered the toner -- you don't want any oils or contamination to prevent the adhesion of the toner.

Iron on your toner as usual, then soak the pcb in water until the paper backing can be rubbed away. Etch, rinse, and clean!

where i can buy transfer papers cairo egypt

seadolphine2000 wrote:

Hope this helps.

You can get such papers from any shop that can print photos on the T-shirts, This paper is about 15L.E, Its size is like the A4.

homemade pcb bleach

seadolphine2000 said:
This paper is about 15L.E, Its size is like the A4

It's a very expensive solution if a paper costs 15L.E. !!!

A4 Transparency paper costs about 2L.E. and it may be used more than once

router to make a pcb

I found a very accurate, easy and low cost method to make a pcb using GLOSSY papers!

I tried it and obtained amazing results! Try it too..

Find details here:
**broken link removed**

pcb toner dowel

Hello Ahmad,

It doesn't look like anyone has mentioned this yet:

If you want to use 'normal' printer paper, use paper designed for inkjets, not lasers. Laser paper is just paper, but good-quality inkjet paper has a clay coating on one side. This is what makes it easy to transfer the toner to the copper - the clay easily detaches from the wet paper where the toner is stuck to the copper.

The paper is normally sold as 'graphics' quality. It's not very expensive; I'm not talking about photo-quality paper. Just check that it has the clay coating and make sure to print on the correct, clay, side.

I don't use this method myself as I do transparencies, but this is what I have read. The glossy method may be as good.

FoxyRick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back