Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to predict the track of a moving object?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekomninos

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
tracking prediction

HI

I am intrested to know what methods can we use to predict the track of a moving object?

thanks in advance

tracking prediction

Hi ekominos,

download this book:

Regards

Z

tracking prediction

Hi,
it's a problem in array processing.
if you have a sensor network on e.g. an straight line by using N sonsor you can estimate direction of arrival for at most N moving object. first time it was solved in 1970s whit an ellegant algorithm MUSIC that used signal nulspace to estimate these DIA. you can search this paper in IEEE.
excuse me, I have forgot auther's name.
regards

Re: tracking prediction

what i want is to predict the possible trajectory of a moving object depending on its type.For example lets say that i had the algorithm to seperate a fast car from a bike, i want to predict the prospective trajectory and thus control the movement of the surveillance camera.What theory should i know in order to make the prediction?

Dear friend,
there are lots of method for tracking a moving object...one of them is using FSBM (full search block matching algorithm) in which we divide the image into a single search area and this inturn is divided into number of over lapping search blocks..we start by finding the sum of absolute difference(SAD) between reference frame and search frame...the block which has minimum SAD is the estimated block...computation can be greatly reduced if the search area is made adaptive.

regARDS,
Arunach

ekomninos said:
HI

I am intrested to know what methods can we use to predict the track of a moving object?

thanks in advance

can you propose me a relevant book or papers to read?

thanks

tracking prediction

one the best way for the prediction is kalman filter.

The easiest way is using the kalman filter for predicting the frame differences, i had used this earlier but still it turns out when the object is moving relatively fast.
You can try this out if it really works or u can adpot for the block based prediction using the regression model.

tracking prediction

one the New method for the Target Tracking is Wireless Sensor Network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back