Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need this:plot BER curve vs receive power extrapolation

Status
Not open for further replies.

francx

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
log(-log (ber))

hi,everybody pls help me about plotting BER vs receive power info,IEC-61280-2-8 or OSFTP-8 About optical communication plot BER curve vs receive power extrapolation sensitivity(BER=10E-12). etc.

For example: DWDM system sensitivity extrapolation (BER=10E-12)

give some material or info.

Thanks!

optical ber theoretical plot maxim

Francx:

Assume you have the data ready for:

LOP Log(-Log(BER))
x1 y1
x2 y2
xn yn

Fitting the two groups of data using liear functions(or simply you can fit the data in
Microsoft Excel) and extroplate to point Log(-Log(1e-12)) for LOP value which is what you are looking for: the sensitivity value.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

ber plot sensitivity

Thanks ,I know this ,but DO u have some material info
or standard.

Added after 24 minutes:

why Log(-Log(BER))
take two LOG

power ber sensitivity

about the test time vs bit ratio
155M,622M,2.5G
test time is how to calculate .

Thanks

Hi, francx:

According to my understanding,when people deal with experiment data by pre-processing the data with a scale of log, they make nonlinear data linear to facilitate analysis. Regarding the BER-sensitivity theoretical background, kindly search the maxiam website **broken link removed** yourself for BER etc. You should be able to find the invaluable information in the application note section.

Well, when you talk about "test time vs. bit ratio" do you mean the sensitivity test also? Usually, we do not go for "gating by time" as each LOP level will give you different error bits. You may like to try "gating by error bits" for certain confidence level since you keep counting the error until the error bits meets your criteria.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

OK .thanks!
but if the difference bit ratio eg:STM-1,STM-4,STM-16,2.5Gbps signal , how to u make test time, impossible u can test the 10E-6 test one day or 24hours,I ask the question :how to make the test time when u test the difference BER ?
eg: 2.5G test sensitivity vs 10E-10 need the time 12s
ok,pls help me.

IEC-61280-2-8 or OSFTP-8

Status
Not open for further replies.