Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CST excitation signal!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hapciu

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,
I don't understand the semnification of the excitation signal in cst: when I excite a structure with a plane wave, in the excitation sìgnal there is a value of 1, what it means? then for example, I get in a probe a value lets say 5 V/m.
Thanks to all.

if you set it to 1, the whole spectrum will be normalized to 1 V/m. It is not at all strange to observe probe amplitudes larger than 1 V/m. For instance, you may have some resonant structure, such as a split-ring resonator, or FP resonator, the field inside or in the close vicinity of such structures may attain very large values, maybe orders of magnitude larger than the incident field.

yes this may happen. and it is physically justifyable since the only physical requirement is that total power must be equal (or less in case of lossy structures) to the incident power. There is no physical requirement on the amplitude of the electric or magnetic field

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back