Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reduction of welding noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

yurble_vn

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I'm going to build a small controller work in welding environment, and the trouble is the noise in this environment.

Is there anyone has experience in the welding noise reducing ? Any suggestion is welcome too

Thanks,

welding noise

I use a RFI filter in the input sheld all control wires coming from and to your controller and make sure you ground your controller box if it is metal.

3 phase mains filter for welding

In addition, consider fitting a good single-phase/3-phase mains filter on the welder power input and, this is a must, put your controller on a metal (steel) enclosure and connect "good" earth to almost everything you can ..

Regards,
IanP

electrical noise from welder

RFI filter in the input sheld all control wires coming from and to your controller

consider fitting a good single-phase/3-phase mains filter on the welder power input

I don't get it. A little more special please

many thanks

welding noise level

Here is what I meant:

If you have 3-phase welder you will need 3-phase filter, if you have 1-phase welder you will need 1-phase filter, and the most effective option is a 2-stage mains filter .. see picture below ..

Regards,
IanP

Re: Welding noise

I don't know what micro you are using. I have some experience with electrical noise. I did an Industrial washingmachine controller before two years. It had some noise problem while switching inductive loads. I used PICMICRO16F84A. I tried somany filters like snubber network to load and to the control relay coil also. but the result was a big failure. used a CPU powersupply(hope it was filtered) but it increased the noise level. finally I accidently read the internal noise filter portion in the datasheet of 16F628. and I recompiled the code for F628. the result was amazing. I removed all the filters and used normal power supply. it was working perfectly. conclution: 16F84 is not suitable for noisy enviornments. use F628 instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.