+ Post New Thread
    Advanced Member level 1

Helped
    9 / 9
    Level

verilog flash adc

how do you code an ADC in verilog? I know it is possible to code an DAC in verilog by using PWM but not sure how to do ADC. Can somebody help me?

•   AltAdvertisment

Advanced Member level 2

Helped
    58 / 58
    Level

verilog adc real

ADC is mostly implemented with analog circuit(r-2r adc,flash adc)... so not possible to write verilog code

•   AltAdvertisment

•   AltAdvertisment

Full Member level 2

Helped
    13 / 13
    Level

Re: ADC in verilog

D/A converters are typically compact and easier to design. Why not do A/D convert using a D/A converter and a comparator using op_amps?D to A generates analog voltage which is compared to the input voltage. If D to A voltage > input voltage then set that bit; otherwise, reset that bit. This type of A to D takes a fixed amount of time proportional to the bit length

Member level 3

Helped
    0 / 0
    Level

Re: verilog flash adc

when we code a DAC in verilog, the PWM signal is not an analog one it is a digital signal with 1 bit. that'is it?

---------- Post added at 11:52 ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 ----------

Hi all,
    Can any one help me how can i code a thermometer-coded DAC based on current sources with VHDL?

---------- Post added at 11:53 ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 ----------

Hi all,
    Can any one help me how can i code a thermometer-coded DAC based on current sources with VHDL?

--[[ ]]--