Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Explanation on how SCRs work and how they are triggered

Status
Not open for further replies.

xjackal

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i dont know if this expression is right but my teacher want something with seperate transformators for simple thristors.and he want to trigger them at the phase/angle he want but i didnt understand anything.
does something like this exist cause it must be something like very known thing?
thnx

Re: thristor firing

Have a look at these briefs on SCRs:
**broken link removed**
http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_3/chpt_7/5.html
In them you will find explenations on how SCRs work and are triggered, or "fired", about firing angles and pulse transformers (if that was what you had in mind) ..

Regards,
IanP

can we make it with thristors only and without using pulse transformator but normal like 5v transformators.
and how can we control the angle with that one?

Pulse transformers are specially designed to have very short pulse rising times (usually between 0.05-0.5µs) whereas normal transformers are designed for power conversion (low frequency) and because of poor pulse response are useless as SCRs or Triacs firing devices ..
If you wish to learn more on pulse transformers take a look at:
**broken link removed**

Regards,
IanP

Status
Not open for further replies.