Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why Engineers earn less salary compare to Sales n Marketing

Status
Not open for further replies.

fastelec

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
This is statement from another user in anoher electronics forum and unfortunately is very true

Why Engineers earn less salary compare to Sales n Marketing guys

Dilbert's Theorem on Salary states that engineers and scientists never earn
as much salary as business executives, sales people & Management guys.

This theorem can now be supported by a mathematical equation based on the
following three postulates:

Postulate 1: Knowledge is Power (Knowledge=Power)
Postulate 2: Time is Money (Time=Money)
Postulate 3 (as every engineer knows): Power = Work/Time

It therefore follows:

Knowledge = Work / Time

and since

Time = Money, we have:

Knowledge = Work / Money.

Solving for Money, we get:

Money = Work / Knowledge

Thus, as Knowledge approaches zero, Money approaches infinity, regardless
of the amount of Work done.

Conclusion 1: The Less you Know, the More you Make.
Conclusion 2: This is the reason why your BOSS is paid more

Re: Why Engineers earn less salary compare to Sales n Market

I totally agree with you!

Nica one.

That was fun

hahaha

MAY BE IT COMZ OUT AS A JOKE BUT IT IS A TRUE IN BUSSINESS STREAM THEY MAKE EVERY IMPOSSIBLE THING POSSIBLE CAUSE IT IS RELATED TO MONEY BUT THAT NOT WORK WITH SCINCE COZ EVERY THING IS RELATED TO WORK

ENGINEERS EXIST AS LONG AS THE WORLD EXIST.

BUT SALES AND MARKETING EXISTS ONLY WHEN MARKETS ARE THERE.

comanche said:
ENGINEERS EXIST AS LONG AS THE WORLD EXIST.

BUT SALES AND MARKETING EXISTS ONLY WHEN MARKETS ARE THERE.

if there is no market.... then y we need engineer?? :p

in ancient time... engineer build house... bcos they can get things exchange for tht... tht is also market needs...

sp

thanx 4 the information ,I think I am going to burn my books now

Ah, I was under some stupid impression that knowledge was good....so that's what I've been doing wrong all these years!

so if they have less knowledge, why they want to tell me how to do my job? (dear xxx, we decided to use that chip, and put the components on this side of the PCB... and you have to do it that way, because we are your boss, and we WANT this way.) Result: i have to fix their mistakes.

maybe its worse than the less money?

i hope its not true everywhere.

Hi Guys,

Okay to give the devil his due... I have to say something. I actually took a job as an applications engineer instead of design engineer for two years. I supported six inside sales people and six outside sales people. Most of them don't have a clue as to how things work. But..... How many of you can walk into a slaes opportunity and chat up a group of people and sell them a device they don't even know they need. I have to tell you its harder than it sounds. Engineers are for the most part not very social folks and I admit to that myself. This job I am talking about made me work hard and pushed me way outside my comfort zone. I got the hang of it after a while but when all was said and done I found that I was a better engineer than a salesman. I for one like the fact that these people exist. I am not fond of the fact that they make more but if it lets me play in the lab while they sell stuff out in the field .... I'm okay with that....

Just my 2 cents.

Regards

dfullmer

No doubt that engineers do the main job, but they are doing the toughest thing that is to face the customers!!!

I am working in a Vendor company(Huawei). I see there that what painful situation they have to face.

hey....
i am wondering to get the news....i thought "Engineers earn less salary compare to Sales n Market"-this quote is true only for the few countries...my question is whether the thing same for countries like JAPAN,GERMANY,SWEEDEN...etc i thought it different there.

tanzil_dhk said:
hey....
i am wondering to get the news....i thought "Engineers earn less salary compare to Sales n Market"-this quote is true only for the few countries...my question is whether the thing same for countries like JAPAN,GERMANY,SWEEDEN...etc i thought it different there.

I can't tell you about Japan and Sweden, in Germany the "rules" are the same. I think you find it everywhere.

Nice one ,its managers who make this world run .

It is that the information makes money! The manager find the information :what and where the market needs.

preference is given to the buddy which is in front.
we engineers are on the back of a system but these are managers who deal with people for the system.so this is correct they are paying more for the their job.
secondly this thing in not happening in every country, but common in a country which have less literecy level.

WAT EVER PEOPLE SAY ON THESE THINGS MONEY IS THE ONLY CONTRAINT .... MONEY CAN ROLE THE WORLD NOT THE KNOWLEDGE ...

REGARDS

JAI.

PROJECT ENGR (PCBA)

dealing with people always make more money than dealing with machines (hardware/software)

The sales and marketting salaries are high because they are the people who will negotiate/convince the customers and get the projects for the company. If they are not there, and, they dont work hard, engineers will not be having any work. So, in one way, they are also responsible for the money engineers are getting.

for small companies developing high tech hardware, its almost impossible to find another design engineer who develops their new product. so if someone leaves such cumpany, then the company will not be able to make a new product for half-one year, (there will be nothing to sell) but its easy to replace a sales person: just ask the first one coming in front of you on the street.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back