Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Logic controllable solid state relay

Status
Not open for further replies.

ted

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cheapest din rail mount solid state relay

Hi,

I am looking for a solid-state realy with following parameters:

*3V battery operated logic controllable (in other words, my signal "high" is likely slightly less than 3V!)
*Due to battery operation, extremely little drive current.
*For European mains voltage and area -- so 230/240V, and CE and other relevant bodies approved.
*Two current ratings needed: About 2-3 A and about 16-20A
*Cheap, for home automation, thus price is critical
*Used in a distributed system, so DIN rail mount is not ideal, I prefer a wall/wallbox mountable unit.
*Environmentally indoors, so no extreme thoughness needed

Anybody have good ideas where to find something like this?

As a second best, a design which might be reproduced. However, I would love to reduce the approval hassle.... Thus a ready made component is preferred.

Thanks in beforehand,

Ted

How about a switched cap voltage doubler like the ICL7660, then an open collector to drive the SSR. That way you can use a more standard SSR where there are many to choose from. This prevents you from being locked into a single manufacturer who will discontinue the part as soon as your design is in production.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back