Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Direction of Arrival estimation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherrykhan78

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am working for DOA estimation using super resolution methods like MUSIC , ESPRIT for WIDEBAND signals. I am in need of MATLAB code for that. Your help will be highly benifical for me.
Thanks in advance
Khan

Re: Direction of Arrival estimation

Hi

Writing simulation code for such algorithms are so easy.
For example if you want to simulate MUSIC, first produce arraymanifold according to your array configuration, then produce impinging signal vectors and multiply them by arraymanifold.
No add noise vector using "randn" to the signal mutiplied by arraymanifold.
For calculating spatial spectral simply, calculate eigenvalues and eigenvector of R = cov(X) and build signal subspace.
Now sweep teta and phi and calculate spatial spectum.

Regards

Thankyou very much for your reply, but I am looking for wideband I am already implement narrow band

Hi

I am not sure, but I think that this kind of algorithms are not applicable to wide band signals. You first, should do some processing(preprocessing) then use those algorithms.

Regards

Direction of Arrival estimation

I have coding MUSIC and ESPRIT before, can't give you Matlab which is belong to my company, but can tell you the Matlab code can be finished in half day if you understand the algorithm.

MUSIC method is easily implemented by matlab.
Firstly, you should create a signal model. Such as sample number of the signal, the number of the array, and DOA for simulation. and then you can simulate it on basis of the its algorithm.

Reactions: solgi

solgi

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Hi sherrykhan78,

circuit_seller was right. DOA algorithms such as MUSIC and ESPRIT do make assumption of narrow-band for its information signal compared to its carrier frequency. You may check it yourself, for example in textbook adaptive filter by Haykin.

The narrow-band assumption is the one that responsible for making the vector/array manifold has Vandermode structure. In turn, this Vandermonde structure is exploited in MUSIC & ESPRIT algorithms.

best

Hi all,

I do not think that the algorithm MUSIC works with wideband signal.

I'm looking for the Matlab source code for the algorithm SAGE and Matrix pencil.

could u help me?

Thanks

You can decompose your wideband signal to many narrowband signals via short time fourier transform. Then apply MUSIC and average.

I am looking code matlab for DOA wide-band signal using ESPRIT. Could you help me! If you have code, please send to my email : mailoan1909@gmail.com
I think we could debate about this problem. Thanks

can any one help me out to simulate matrix pencil method or provide me a code for the same . . .

hi wolfi64, how to decompose wideband signal to narrowband? if you have code or file, please send to me

Thankyou very much for your reply, but I am looking for wideband I am already implement narrow band

hello.
i am also working on music.. can you help me? how i can implement this in matlab..
if you have anybasic code then forward me..
sidhhi.modi@gmail.com

please..

thank you..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back