Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to simulate the performance of a SNR ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cenyunyun

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
snr

hello,
Now, I am designing a delta-sigma DAC. But don't know how to simulate the performance of the delta-sigma modulator like SNR.

Re: snr

Hey,

It has been a while since I dealth with sigma delta converters. However, I believe, that a typical way to measure SNR (at least in MATLAB simulation,and in IEEE papers) is to use a single-tone sine wave with amplitude equivalent to half of full-scale dynamic range of s/d converter and with frequency equivalent to half passband width. Then measure the peak single tone in the spectrum of output and compare it to the level of the noise in your pass-band.

Regards,
TS

To Tiger-Shark:
Thank you, first. I have already studied some IEEE papers and roughly known of SNR. But I don't know whether I should design DSM module using Matlab and simulate it using simulink. If I should do it, I can't get the data from the result of simulink and so I can't caculate SNR. Can you tell me whether my way is wrong?

Doing SDM simulations in Matlab is quite easy. When I started I had a look at already existing models. They helped me get started and to develop my own models.
You can download some examples from:

https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/loadFile.do?objectId=2460&objectType=file

Just work through the matlab code and you'll see how to calculate the SNR.
Also, when you do a search on the board you will find complete matlab routines posted on how to calculate SNR, THL, SFDR......

snr

Hi, svensl
Is there anyone using matlab to build a model for continuous time sigma-delta modulator?

Added after 2 minutes:

A lot of people use spice model directly to simulate continous-time SD modulator. I am wandering whether it is effective to do so.

snr

do i get SNR according to ouput frequency-amplify?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back