Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help Designing Simple 0-5VDC 100mA to control 0-24VDC 2A

Status
Not open for further replies.

boulderjoe

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm a novice in the circuit world and could really use a hand designing a seemingly simple DC Motor control circuit. I have a 0-5VDC ~100mA signal I need to convert to a 24VDC 2A signal. PWM would work fine, but I also don't really care about dumping the heat. I have 24VDC already available. Exact 0-24 isn't necessary. Leak through ICs is fine. What kind of ideas do you guys have? I tried to use an LM324 along with a LM675 (power amp) but it didn't work. I think I had some kind of grounding problem. I'm also trying to keep the circuit as simple as possible. Any ideas would be great.

Thanks again,
Joe

Have a look at this circuit: picture below ..

It is very simple power supply with 0-5V control (you will not need 100mA but something <1µA) and ≈2.3A current limit (0.3Ω) ..
As opamp you can use 1/4 LM324, 1/2 LM358 or any other opamp you have ..

Regards,
IanP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back