Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Coupling PCB for ceramic resonator filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

AswinSJ

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello
I want to implement a Bandpass filter with a top C config using ceramic resonators.
The design specs are 1700MHz center frequency, with a bandwidth of 60MHz.

The question I have is regarding the design of coupling PCB. As the C values are very small, I tried using overlapped layers on a Rogers 30mils board with an er 0f 3.5, to implement them. I model them in ADS MoM and find an equivalent Pi network.

The equivalent Pi network for this overlapped C has a shunt caps which come in parallel to the ceramic resonators, which means I might have to tune a little to meet the IL and rejection specs.

So far, the modelling has not been accurate and the design implementation is based on experimentation.

Any help in optimising this scheme would be appretiated.
I would like someone to comment on the design approach and suggest alternatives if possible.
Thank you for the help.
Aswin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back