Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

serial icd2 work with serial to usb adapter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmar_kpj

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i make a serial icd2 and with serial port work but with serial to usb adapter not work! i need to install a special driver for usb?

It can't work, i test is long time.

why not? is posible to explain? i try to make icd2 clone with tusb3410 from ti.com (usb to serial) and i have same problem! do you help me?
thank's!

Hai

Somebody on someboard told me that this issue is because of the GND problem of Added or Emulated serial ports.

Onboard COM1 has got a perfect GND . But this emulated ports are not that much clean .So they say.

I am not sure about the authenticity of this information,But it seems to have a logic.

picstudent

problem is : mplab icd2 work only com1 to com4. my adapter is com5. i change the number and clone work ! thank's

Status
Not open for further replies.