Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with connecting icd2 clone to USB port with serial to USB adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmar_kpj

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi!
i make a icd2 clone with schematics from stolz page.
i connected this icd2 into serial port and working.
but i try to connect this icd2 to usb port with serial to usb adapter and clone not work!!! serial adapter is ok! i make icd2 with tusb3410 ! same problem! where is the problem?
please help me!

usb to virtualcom

Did you install Microchip usb driver?

maranaza

driver for icd2 usb

i don't know! i need to install this driver or not?
thank's

mplab icd2 usb problem

I am interested in building ICD. Can you please give me the link.

icd2 not working

look here : h**p://www.stolz.de.be/

adapter icd2

Thanks pmar_kpj for the link. You ever used Microchip`s ICD. Hows that and is there any better ICD is availbale.

probleme driver icd2 usb

pmar_kpj,

I do not know whether you need Microchip driver. I now that Microchip's ICD2 uses its own driver to communicate with MPLAB. I suspect that it is the source of your problems.

maranaza

icd2 usb driver

what source? power suply? i try to connect icd2 into laptop usb port!
usb adarter is ok. icd2 work if connect to serial port. usb adapter is virtual com.

tusb3410 icd2

pmar_kpj,

Sorry if I was not clear enough. When I said "the source of your problems" I wanted to say "the cause of your problems". You know, I think that problem is in USB driver, because Microchip uses its own USB driver for USB peripherals.

maranaza

tusb3410 and icd2

hai

In my experience ,Some programmers which is working perfectly in onboard serial port which is usually COM1 may not work perfectly or sometimes not working at all ,when connected through USB to COM adapters or added PCI serial ports.

I am also looking for the cause and solution.

But make sure that you have selected the emulated serial port name COMx in MPLAB ICD settings.
I think microchip USB driver is not an issue in your ICD,because it is serial ICD.

With regards

picstudent

microchip usb driver problems

yes! i have the emulate comx into mplab icd setings. first time i make icd2 with tusb3410 and virtual serial port work (i test with hyperteminal) . i change the tusb3410 with max232 and clone working into com1. in next time i try with usb to serial adapter . my priority is a make clone with tusb3410!
thank's for any idea!

Added after 4 hours 58 minutes:

i find the problem: mplab work only com1 to com4. my adapter is com5! thank's to all to try to help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.