Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to improve antenna efficiency of a printed antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

ntargr

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how can I improve antenna efficiency of a printed antenna without change the structure nor metal and dielectric properties?

In a simulation in fidelity(FDTD),I receive effieciency 46% and i want to meet the measured efficiency of 86%.
Thanks

Hi ntargr

try to change the width of input line. perhaps you have the wrong input
impedance. changing this will improve your efficiency.

PL

Hi, ntargr:

I tried to send you a private message regarding your question. However, it fails. You can send an e-mail to me at: jian@zeland.com. I do have some comments for you. Regards.

Hi jian

How can I put the directivity and gain in the same plot?

THX

PL

Hi, Plasma:

Yes. You are right. We can not put gain and directivity into one plot directly under PatternView. However, you can do it in this way in 2 steps.

1. Display gain in a plot.
2. Select the Save button on the vertical tool bar (not the tool bar upper part below the menu, but the one on the left of the graph). It allows you to save the data of the graph into an XML file.
3. Display directivity in a plot.
4. Select the Open button on the vertical tool bar and provide the saved XML file name.
5. PATTERNVIEW will display both gain and directity together. All the IE3D or other ZELAND PRODUCTS work in this way. You can overlay the curves from multiple graphs together.

Best regards,

Hi jian

Why can't you just give the option in the plot window to select both Dir. and gain ?they have the same units. instead of doing it twice.

THX

PL

Hi, Plasma:

Yes. We should implement it. It should be useful. Thanks!

Best regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back