Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use Output listing (.lis) of hspice to debug ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpig09

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all :

When I use hspice to verify my circuit that I have calculate to decide voltage & current. But sometimes the mos doesn't in Saturati region, maybe in linear or tirode.
After simulate the circuit by hspice, Output listing (.lis) will show some results form the analysis of the circuit , how to use the Output listing (.lis) to modify some mos to reach Saturati region & the circuit is match the SPEC.

Thanks for everyone help!!!

mpig09

You should add

.op

to your spice deck.

This will print the DC operating point of your circuit. First check that the voltages on the nodes in your circuit are what you intended them to be. Next check if the
current flowing through your circuit is what you intended.

After that, you can use various sweeps to store more data and plot things
using Awaves or Spice Explorer.

Here is a simple tutorial on how to plot things:
**broken link removed**

There are lots of options and commands in hspice, here is a brief summary.
http://www.seas.upenn.edu/~jan/spice/spice.overview.html

Hope that helps.

When you use the .OP Statement, the listing file (.lis) will contain the operating point information of your circuit, telling you the voltage at different nodes and the state in which the transistor is in.
This information helps you to modify the circuit or in the transistor resizing to obtain them in Saturation state.

Rgds
Cmos Dude

Thanks eecs4ever & cmos_dude!!!

I have used .op in my netlist, then some mos don't in Saturati region.
I try to modify these mos size, but they still not in Saturati region.
When I design the circuit, the vds doesn't I want when I calculate the Id current,
so I think this is a result that the mos can't into Saturati region .
Is it right ?

Thanks for anyone help me!!

mpig09

Status
Not open for further replies.