Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SERIES and CASCADE connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

electronics_kumar

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cascade connection series

how to differentiate SERIES and CASCADE connection form each other...pals explain it ...

abcd parameters cascade

If I recall correctly, cascade would refer to a connection where the output of stage #1 would be the input of stage #2, output of stage #2 would be the input of stage #3, etc. If you think in the context of ABCD parameters for example, the total ABCD parameter of multiple systems in cascade is the matrix product of the individual ABCD matrices. Take a look at this for more information http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/phil_robinson/twoport.html

When you say two things are in series, to me what that means is that they have the same current going through them.

I hope that this gives you some ideas.

Best regards,
v_c

v_c said:
If I recall correctly, cascade would refer to a connection where the output of stage #1 would be the input of stage #2, output of stage #2 would be the input of stage #3, etc. If you think in the context of ABCD parameters for example, the total ABCD parameter of multiple systems in cascade is the matrix product of the individual ABCD matrices. Take a look at this for more information h**p://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/phil_robinson/twoport.html

When you say two things are in series, to me what that means is that they have the same current going through them.

I hope that this gives you some ideas.

Best regards,
v_c
\

ok V_C....

can we conclude like this...
for series connection,
output of first station and input of second station will have same current but different voltage.
for Cascade connection,
both will be i mean V and I will same ...
for parallel connection,
V will be same but different I ...

is it correct

In my opinion the standard def fr series connection is when positive terminal of one device is connected to negative terminal of the next device in string.
In this type of connection, the string voltage is the sum of the device voltages and the string current is limited to the current of the least productive device in the string

However the standard def of Cascading is that the o/p of one device is input of other device.

So for basic components, like resistors, both method may be the same... but if u go for complex one...like may be MUX/DEMUX( sry, if i am wrong, i am nt sure abt the polarities) , a good example of cascading!

Status
Not open for further replies.