Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A problem about DRC using Dracula

Status
Not open for further replies.

karl6833

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I'm using Cadence IC5141. I run PDRACULA, get drc, run jxrun.com, and then use DRACULA Interactive in virtuoso to watch the DRC output. However, when I use DRACULA Interactive(then DRC Setup), the DRC output windows don't appear, and icfb locks.

How can I solve the problem above? Or is there any measures to do a DRC check ? About DRC, I only have a drc file (I don't have divadrc.rul file).

Thanks very much for any help!

A problem about DRC

You may open the CDS.log file to view what happended before icfb locked. If you want a divaDRC.rul file, you may use DraculaToDiva to convert the DRACULA rule file to DIVA format. Some statements may need to be modified after the conversion.

A problem about DRC

Using DraculaToDiva converting the DRACULA rule file to DIVA format

A problem about DRC

I just checked DRC results in command line by opening drcpr.sum to see the DRC error positions and error codes:)
I'll try diva method. Thanks very much for your help !

Re: A problem about DRC

karl6833 said:
Dear all,

I'm using Cadence IC5141. I run PDRACULA, get drc, run jxrun.com, and then use DRACULA Interactive in virtuoso to watch the DRC output. However, when I use DRACULA Interactive(then DRC Setup), the DRC output windows don't appear, and icfb locks.

How can I solve the problem above? Or is there any measures to do a DRC check ? About DRC, I only have a drc file (I don't have divadrc.rul file).

Thanks very much for any help!
I suggest you to check first if in the DRACULA rul file you set INQUERY = YES
this will allow you to use DRACULA INTERACTIVE to check the errors.
More, you need to select the correct output file.
I don't recommend to use dracula2diva convertor, because these two tools, even are made by Cadence, are not 100% equivalent. You will descover a lot of things that are ommited because of this convertor.
More again, DIVA is a low quality checker. Take a lot of memory, sometime freeze your screen for hours, and the diva rules let you to have TAPE or BULK or SUBSTRATE (choose one) errors without inform you.
More again and again, if you have some path metals draw on 45 degree you have off grid issue, and diva didn't show you.
Last More.....because of that offgrid, you can have power shorts.....and I suppose that you know what this mean.
I strongly reccomand you to use DRACULA if you haven't something better. Forget about DIVA.

Enjoy!

Re: A problem about DRC

gabi71ro said:
I suggest you to check first if in the DRACULA rul file you set INQUERY = YES
this will allow you to use DRACULA INTERACTIVE to check the errors.
More, you need to select the correct output file.
I don't recommend to use dracula2diva convertor, because these two tools, even are made by Cadence, are not 100% equivalent. You will descover a lot of things that are ommited because of this convertor.
More again, DIVA is a low quality checker. Take a lot of memory, sometime freeze your screen for hours, and the diva rules let you to have TAPE or BULK or SUBSTRATE (choose one) errors without inform you.
More again and again, if you have some path metals draw on 45 degree you have off grid issue, and diva didn't show you.
Last More.....because of that offgrid, you can have power shorts.....and I suppose that you know what this mean.
I strongly reccomand you to use DRACULA if you haven't something better. Forget about DIVA.

Enjoy!
Thanks very much for your detailed suggestions! I tried set INQUERY = YES in description section of drc file, but when I ran PDRACULA, it outputed as follows:
:/g drc

** ERROR : INQUERY-SORT ONLY ACCEPTS COORDINATE OR NODE, NOT YES
THE ERROR MESSAGE LISTED ABOVE IS FOR THE FOLLOWING CARD:
INQUERY = YES
** NOTE : CHECKING FOR DIMENSION: 200.000 MIC WHICH IS GREATER THAN:
90.000 CAN POTENTIALLY BE A PROBLEM FOR VERY DENSE LAYERS

It seems not to work. Did I do anything wrong ?

Thank you!

A problem about DRC

gabi71ro is right. Diva is inferior to Dracula in many aspects.

But diva CAN show off-grid errors. It CAN find BUCK errors (soft-connection errors) also.

Diva is more suitable for small layouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back