Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Periodic structure s11 phase response??

Status
Not open for further replies.

harishbigh

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all
i am using HFSS ver 10 and trying to simulate a periodic structure (square metal plate)
This is the design
1. The master slave periodic boundary conditions to make the structure infinite in the XY plane. Unit cell is terminated by PML on top and bottom surfaces. I have taken care that master slave boundaries must be 180 deg out of phase for phi and same for theta.
2. A square metallic plate at z=0 plane of some length and using plane wave excitation at theta = 30 deg (X-Z plane) illuminating the structure. (Two ports are the top and bottom faces of the unit cell termilated by PML)
3. After simulation when i look at S11 magnitude i get the expected result but s11 phase is always zero. If i change the plate length keeping frequency constant my s11 phase should change???? but it does not...
any suggestions are welcome??

regards

Hi, HFSSv10 allows you to compute the magnitude of the S-paramter, but not the phase when using the setup you described since you are using plane wave excitation. To see the phase you have to pick an area and integrate over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back