Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

differential instrumentation amplifier question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metatronics

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am trying to make an amplifier to amplify a low current differential sensor voltage. The sensors I am going to use are pH, Redox and several ion-selective sensors. I did some extensive research and all signs point to the IDA116 from burr-brown. The thing is I dont have a negative voltage in my system.

My question is: How can i get this amplifier to work without a -15v power supply? (i do have +24v) I tried to alter the reference voltage but with no succes. I included a little schematic of the connections i made. Im not a die-hard in analog electronics so problaby its crap :D

The biggest drawback is that a also have some other sensors that provide a solid ground to the solution I am measuring so any voltage offset i create on the sensor flows away through the liquid instead of helping my measeurements.

Does anyone have usefull tips on this matter?

thanks in advance

Ps. in the circuit, the output of the op07 op-amp is connected to the reference input on the INA116.

Status
Not open for further replies.