Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is equvalent circuit for Inductor in CMOS transistor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryusgnal

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
handbook_of_oa_rc_networks_ti

hi
I have to design LNA using active Inductor. have anybody know what is equvalent circuit for Inductor in CMOS transistor?

Re: Active Inductor

An inductor may be modeled as an inductance L in series with a series resistance Rs.
L represents the inductance and Rs represents the wire resistance. One should also put a capacitor Cd across the series combination of the L and Rs. Cd represents the distributed capacitance of the coil.

The impedance basically should increase monotonically until the resonant frequency then it should start decreasing (start becoming capacitive)

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
v_c

thank for your respons,
but i don really understand, if u don't mind, can u show me the circuit? or do u have any book/reference to suggest for me to refer. any information i really appreciate... thanks.

Hello, i am new to this forum.
What kind of active inductor you intend realyze? Discrete or integrated?
Your LNA amplifier is expected to work on LF band or RF band?
If you just need a low frequency one i can post a pdf document of inductor example i commonly use.
Regards.
Roberto

Hello everybody!
I'm also interested on this topic!
I would realise an active inductor implemented with discrete components for Low frequency filter (audio filter).
Could someone help me or give me some link to paper explaining me how to do the active inductor?
Thank you for any help
Luigi

Active Inductor

Hi, I'm also looking for the materials for this topic. I was asked to design a RF CMOS active inductor for 2.4 GHz bandwidth.
thanks for any help
lee

Status
Not open for further replies.