Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Center tapped inductor with ASITIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoll

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
asitic inductor

Hi everybody,

can you give me an advice how I can create a model in ASITIC for center tapped inductors ?

thanks in advance,

tom

asitic 3 terminal inductor

Hi:

Use command:

symsq ( Name:LEN:W:S:N:ILEN:METAL:METAL2:XORG:YORG:ORIENT:pHASE)

for polygon use:

sympoly ( Name:LEN:W:S:N:ILEN:SIDES:METAL:METAL2:XORG:YORG:ORIENT:pHASE)

But I have my doubts on the simulation accuracy,because the lack of the pix command in providing the coupling factor, k of the differential pair

Rgds

Do I have to use split command somehow ?

I am talking about a symmetric inductor with a center tap.. how do I gain the values for the cap and res for the center port ?

------------------------------CAP------------------------------
| |
| |
-----------RES------IND------------IND---------RES-------------
| | |
| | |
CAP CAP CAP
| | |
RES RES RES
| | |
GND GND GND

tOM

When a CTI is generated in ASITIC, theres no terminal of center tapped is drawn, it should be extended in VLE upon the exporting the CIF file. The lumped component model is generated assuming it is a typical two terminal inductor, basically you have to divide the inductance and series resistance by 2 and tapped the output from the center with the parasitics. Hope this helps.

Rgds

thanx - this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back