Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me with plotting the antenna gain vs frequency in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahojazz

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ansoft HFSS problem

hi all, does anyone has experience using HFSS to plot the antenna gain vs frequency? isit just sweeping the gainTotal vs freq? for my problem is tat my s11 is -2~3db at 20ghz but i get my maximum gain at 20Ghz. With theory, gain should be max at the range where s11 is well matched. Can anyone advise on this. Thanks

Re: ansoft HFSS problem

I believe the gain is irrevelant to the matching. From the power issue, it is determined by the radiated power to the power getting into the antenna, not the power reflected.

Re: ansoft HFSS problem

hi, thanks for replying to my problem. yesterday i tried to plot the gain vs frequency again. 1st time i tried ploting it when i finish simulating the antenna, the 2nd time was plotted the other day with the simulated results saved. But i got 2 different plot. The 1st plot is more reasonable, while the 2nd plot was way off. Did you experieced this before? Or , isit advised to delete the solution and resimulate then plot again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back