Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

inference about power from the graph

Status
Not open for further replies.

electronics_kumar

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
some grpah involving I vs V is present in first quadrant ..some second... some in third... some in fourth...for first and third ,power will be positive and foe remaining two quadrant it will be negative...can we take it as dissipation and former as power consumption..
my conclusion right or wrong.....?

i think first two quadrants represent power dissipation and the last two represent power consumption. u better cross check it.

in the first two quadrants, the current is +ve. so it is power dissipation.
in the next two quadrants, the current is -ve, which means it draws current and thus power consumption.as already told pls verify my opinion.

I agree with rednewguy ... this is true as long as the I and the V plotted are such that the current I is in the direction of the voltage drop V as shown below. This is the classical passive sign convention. In this convention if if V and I are of the same sign
the device under consideration will dissipate (consume) power, otherwise (if the V and I have different signs) it will generate power.

I
-------->
+ V -

Cheers,
v_c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back