Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I measure the IP3,P1dB points of LNA using .s2p file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kella

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have designed an LNA using .s2p file for transistor.

I want to know is it possible to measure the IP3,P1dB points of this LNA using .s2p file? If yes, please forward me some articles, whatever is possible.

thanks in advance.

/K

Re: LNA Linearity

No you can't. The s parameters are linear so they can just tell you things like forward/reverse gain, input/output return loss...

Do you mean 'simulate' instead of 'measure' the IP3/P1dB performance using the s2p file?

If so, this is not possible. The transistor's s2p file is for linear (small signal) operation. For nonlinear simulation, e g IP3/P1dB performance simulation, a nonlinear model (SPICE model) of the transistor has to be used.

Which transistor are you using? I guess - based on your previous posts - you are using @DS simulation program? Is this correct?

LNA Linearity

I am using EC2612 (pHEMT) Transistor from United Monolithic Semiconductor (UMS). For simulations I am working with @DS.

On page 7 in the EC2612 data sheet below, there is a nonlinear SPICE model you can enter into @DS.

**broken link removed**

kella

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

dear kella, may i ask you for EC2612'S S2P FILe? and other information acceptable from ADS.
THANKS

Hi,

You should look for *.s2d file.

Goodluck...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back