Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is RF behavioral modeling, what kind of job is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hjzs18

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
i am new here, i am just curious about what RF behavioral modeling is all about. what kind of job it is? I just got an offer of a vacancy,and the boss told me to read some behavioral modeling material in RF ic and wireless communication. Is that a promising work?

thanks

Added after 3 minutes:

Oh, BTW, my major is Analog IC design, is this relevent to the job?

Well,any behavioral modeling job involves coming up with the prototypes of all the devices you design. Typical tools which could be used are MATLaB/Simulink, Verilog A. There could also be some other tools which are proprietery. So all the parameters you look for in a design like your IIP3, NF, SNR, etc are actually modelled

I hope this solves your question

Thank u Vamsi
and is that job better or worse than IC circuit design using say cadence..is that a promising work?

Are you dedicated to do the behaviroal modeling? or, that's just one of your
jobs? For example, you also need to design circuits with transistors.

Well, no job is bad. Many people who do behavioral modeling will end up being system level designers. But, circuit design is coveted as well

Status
Not open for further replies.