Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Micropower High Efficiency DC/DC Converters

Status
Not open for further replies.

koky

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to supply a PIC device with a solar pannel, the problem is to convert 14V to 5V with high Efficency, i have the pic that work with 0.5 mA and the regulator that want 5 mA, some people have an idea for have less current assorbtion possible ??

Hi,

If you are willing to accept an extra 0.1mA max additional current consumption besides your pic 0.5mA, then I would suggest using micropower linear regulators.

See for instance data sheet of an old type LP2954A to see what is possible: **broken link removed** then go to www.national.com (or onsemi.com or some other) and use their search engine with key words "micropower voltage regulator" to get many current types. See to their max input voltage rate, you need types with at least 16V input capability.

Designing a switching type DC-DC converter for such a low current consumption with high efficiency is not trivial, I think the above CMOS linear regulator is a good and cheap candidate for you.

rgds

unkarc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back