Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to simulate switched-capacitor OTA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfic

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am designing a switched-capacitor common feedback full differential operational transconductor amplifier, but I couldn't know how to simulate gain and phase margin of switched-capacitor OTA using Cadence tools?

Please give me a advice, thks.

use ideal cmfb to simulation.

How to construct ideal cmfb circuit in Cadence?

Use PSS and PAC analysis,

Replace swicthed-cap feedback network with ideal voltage controled voltage source.
feedback coefficient is not critical.

.SAVE the state of OTA at a specific time,then simulate .AC with that state

use those ideal VCVS to set up a model and simulate it, then you may obtain the AC character

but the feedback is frequency-dependent

beckchm said:
but the feedback is frequency-dependent

No, the feedback is frequency independent...

The feedback factor is a ratio of capacitances. This is fequency independent

who can load some examples ?

to simulate gain and phase margin, you need to cut the loop somewhere to simulate. For the common mode loop, you can use a vcvs to extract the output common mode, then use another vcvs to give it an offset to load it on the cmfb input of the opamp so that the common mode can close.

sc cmfb is replaced by vcvs source

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back