Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mathematical model of Echo

Status
Not open for further replies.

laiza

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
Does anyone know how to generate an echo impulse response using matlab. It is or assignment please help me.

Think real!

Echo is a delayed and attenuated copy of the original. Because of reflections, you can get multiple copies (delayed and attenuated).

Therefore the echo model can be quite complex (same method is true for reverberation).
The difference between reverb and echo is the time delay hundreds of ms vs. sec.

Hope this helps

Yes, I know that echo is the delayed version of the original signal. but how will i implement that delayed version in a software like matlab.???

In Matlab You Can use filter function to genarate echo
for example
Signal_And_Echo=filter([1 zeros(1, delay) 1 ] , Signal)

so, it means that the signal must be inputed and just delayed it for it to become echo...But what if I already have the input signal that has an echo already what possible method to delete echo.What can you suggest for it to be removed.

HI
for producing echo u can use simulink and multiple delay blocks.
to delete echo, in theory aneefective way is the use of adaptive filters. adaptive filters have a wide usage in many communication and signal processing areas. if u are newbie in that; u may have a look in the books entitled: "adaptive filters".
e.g; the book :"adaptive filter theory" by S. Hayhin is awailable in EDA.
Cheers

ECho cancellation is reaseach area that include:
Equalization in communication
Deconvolution
Inverse Modeling

mro83 said:
HI
for producing echo u can use simulink and multiple delay blocks.
to delete echo, in theory aneefective way is the use of adaptive filters. adaptive filters have a wide usage in many communication and signal processing areas. if u are newbie in that; u may have a look in the books entitled: "adaptive filters".
e.g; the book :"adaptive filter theory" by S. Hayhin is awailable in EDA.
Cheers

hi, where I find that eda cheers?

javad_akhlaghi said:
ECho cancellation is reaseach area that include:
Equalization in communication
Deconvolution
Inverse Modeling

what is inverse modeling and how it is useful in cancelling echo

There is a good final work which could help you. It is entitled "Implementing Reverberation Algorithms in Matlab" by Nicolas Holzem. See the attachment.

Hi
My purpose is that u can read books in the subject of "adaptive filters theory ". like the one that is written by S. Haykin. this book is already uploaded to the EDABOARD. if u search u can find it.

what about the reflections effect when simulating the echo signal?
adding a sole delay will not be enough.
what about the attenuation and fading?

i have a project of echo cancellation

first you have to use data acuisition tool box to get signal with echo and you have to compare signal and the echo+signal and then you have to use adaptive filter and by using lms algortihm in matlab you can cancel echo perfectly.www.dsprelated.com may be helpful for you

dervis

hello, I have another problem the signal i used were recorded the far end and the near end then I put some delay for it to become echoic. these implementations are separated from each other. How can I integrate all of this?can anyone help me???:?:

i need help with this project right now and i'm lost

you can just add the Near end signal and far end signal with appropriate delays and coefficients. There is nothing special

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back