Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

code does not work when add code into another code banking

Status
Not open for further replies.

john2020

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,

I encountered a strange problem. When I integrated my mudole into the project, which is finished by my colleague and me, the total project can not work normmaly and can not dislpay anything . The following is the description for my project:

The target is intel 8032 with extended memory Xdata (1024 byte), DRAM (2M byte) and 2M flash memory. The target MCU has been integrated into system on chip to control TV chip. This project is divided into several part: UI, service and driver.

Up to now, these components can run normally separately. When my module, one of service,and UI module combined to a test unit, I found the code can not work. Our project used 8 bank(0--7) to save code into flash. UI and drivers took up 6 code banking, what's more ,they and work well. But When I added my obj file into bank6 , the code can not run in the target platform.

I tested my module dividually and found it could work in the real platform without UI module. With the limit of harware, I can not use uVision 2 tool to debug the module. I cheked the Map file *.M51 and can't find out the false in it. Any error for banking configuration for code banking ?

What's wrong with it. Any reason can cause the result?

I paste my banking file as follows:

common {..\obj\Driver\misc\l51bank8.obj,

..\obj\Driver\misc\startup.obj,

..\obj\Driver\misc\isr.obj,

..\obj\Driver\misc\timer_ui.obj

},

bank0 {

..\obj\Driver\rs232\drv_rs232.obj,

..\obj\Emulate\test_osd.obj,

..\obj\Driver\kernel\setDRAM.obj,

..\obj\Driver\misc\init.obj,

..\obj\Driver\misc\util.obj,