Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to do ac simulation in cadence for an opamp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockycheng

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
opamp simulation in cadence spectre

I heard about some tricky ways, using large resistance and capacitance to form a feedback. But I'm not quite sure. Could anyone tell me the exact way? Thanks a lot.

Regards
rockycheng

how to do ac simulaton in cadence?

Hi,

Can you brief in detail what AC analysis you want to run. If you say large resistor and caps, that could be to have lower cutoff frequency, some kind of filter termination. So, im not sure what you are talking about. Please be specific.

Thanks,
Suria

ac open loop cadence

post the circuit out, maybe we can help.

ho to do ac simulation in cadence

Thank you for the reply! It is just a normal cascode OTA. I've tried the following test circuit to see the gain vs. frequency transfer function. The result is just the same without the feedback. Would anyone tell me why and when to use the circuit like this? Or it is useless at all?

howto ac analysis cadence

You can maybe refer to the following PDF. It's a general testbench method.
Hope it helps.

simulation of op amp in cadence

when calculating the operating point, the R connect output and negetive input,
when doing AC analusis, the C short the negetive inout to ground.
This is the method to simulate open loop characters.

rockycheng said:
Thank you for the reply! It is just a normal cascode OTA. I've tried the following test circuit to see the gain vs. frequency transfer function. The result is just the same without the feedback. Would anyone tell me why and when to use the circuit like this? Or it is useless at all?

op amp ac simulation

You can find some guideline in the book of " the designer's guide of spice and spectre"

ota simulation cadence

You can do step responce simulation.

cadence ac simulation

Hi

You can try this.. I found it and it helps me to understand how to test Op Amp

how to do ac simulation of op amp in cadence

How to do ac simulation in cadence for an opamp?
Answer: Analog Artist -> Analysys > AC > Enable.
You can try different values for diffeent responses.
Hope it helps!

how to do ac simulation

you can find the reason in the book ' CMOS analog circuit design' by Allen(chapter 6)

op-amp ac simulation cadence

I need such kind document.

ac simulation in cadence

T=RC must vrey large

op amp simulation in cadence

search google with keywords: rinco mora, he has a few pdf pages explainging how to do loop breaking ac simulation. extremely good. you will get full understanding from it.

spectre op amp ac simulation

rockycheng said:
I heard about some tricky ways, using large resistance and capacitance to form a feedback. But I'm not quite sure. Could anyone tell me the exact way? Thanks a lot.

Regards
rockycheng

Using spectre

cadence opamp circuit spectre

guide to spice & spectre

designer's guide spice and spectre.you will google some lab notes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back