Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

is this correct ?( serial connection)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ambition

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi ..

I want to test a serial interface ... and to make things easy
I assumed that the two devices are PICs ( I know that we don't need a serial connector to connect them , but the aim here is just to test the serial connection whatever the devices are )

I was confused with the connection , so I drew it and need your opinion
is what I did correct ?

please help

Seems correct to me (null-modem cable type)... Don't forget to connect the ground to the pin 5 of the connector on both side!!!

cyberblak

Hi,

you are missing a pull up for the MCLR. the PIC will not run if you have the MCLR configures as external.

Good luck.

thanks a lot cyberblak
It worked fine but I removed the serial connectors and connected the MAX232s together

thanks gidmiz

Not related directly with the serial part:

Each /MCLR pin to Vdd through the 10K resistor. (The eventual button - NO - between /MCLR and Vss.)

I guess you use that for resetting the micro when needed, right?

Hi all

Do you guys think that we really need this level converters for communicating two PICs?

Regards
Gopi

Status
Not open for further replies.