Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS--"Interpolating Sweep did not converge"

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunajraman

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
wide band simulation on hfss interpolating

Hi

I am simulating an antenna in the frequency range of 1-10 GHz. I am having my solution frequency at 2 GHz.

I am using an interpolating sweep with maximum solutions as 101 and points as 1001.

I am getting the error message that interpolating sweep did not converge.

What should I do ?

I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Guna

interpolating hfss

Your solution frequency is to low, try using the upper half of the total range, say 6 or 7 GHz. Further to this, try refining the mesh or increasing the number of sweeps.
I do not have very good experience with the the interpolating sweep, it is to much of trial and error. Try adaptive sweep instead.
Personally, I prefer discrete sweep. It is time consuming, just keep it running overnight.
Hope this helps

:D

hfss interpolating

gunajraman said:
Hi

I am simulating an antenna in the frequency range of 1-10 GHz. I am having my solution frequency at 2 GHz.

I am using an interpolating sweep with maximum solutions as 101 and points as 1001.

I am getting the error message that interpolating sweep did not converge.

What should I do ?
Guna
Interpolating sweep is a very effective method for the wide-band applications. I think, in your case, you need to choose solution frequency - 10GHz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back