Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Difference between Link Layer and System Layer research

Status
Not open for further replies.

eestandard

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I was puzzled when my professor mentioned the difference between Link Layer and System Layer research in wireless communications. I'm working on my final year project for my degree when I proposed to investigate link adaptation technique for a certain air interface technique.

Based on the combination of the channel large scale and small scale fading, the link adaptation technique will take into account the trade-off between the BER, data throughput and power according to the channel state information. Thats where I got confused when he mentioned that my proposal is unclear about if I'm focusing in Link Level or System Level. Can anyone help ?

Furthermore, I thought all along what I'm proposing is in the area of physical layer ? What has that gotta do with Link or System layer ??

Many thanks in advance !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back